Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Parameters of a Trip

On Thursday, 28 August 2014 I quit my job.  

I have no intention to get another job, find a place to live, or secure a steady stream of income.  As Vincent from Pulp Fiction once said, 

"They got a name for that . . . it's called 'a bum'.  Andy without a job, a residence, or legal tender, that's exactly what you're going to be: a fucking bum."

My plan is to travel for an extended period of time around the U.S, then to Europe, and perhaps beyond. I have a tentative, but fluid schedule for my travel around the U.S. (Nothing yet for Europe, I'll let future Cale deal with that) I have mostly booked my weekends for specific cities, and left the weekdays free to follow what strikes me at any given period of time.  I will be keeping this travel blog as I gallivant around, to inform people of my location, change in plans, and to capture some of my inane thoughts as I journey.

Want a visual representation of my journey?


Boom.

The dates and places in list form are as follows:

1 - Houston:  August 29- September 1 (Already completed, words to follow)
2 - Austin: September 2 - September 10
3 - Baton Rouge: September 11 - September 14
4 - Dallas: September 18 - September 21
5 - Albuquerque: September 22 - September 24
6 - Denver: September 25 - September 28
7 - Minneapolis: October 3 - October 5
8 - Wisconsin: October 7 - October 16
9 - New York City: October 17 - October 20
10 - Europe: October 21 - Beyond

If you currently reside in a city/state listed and I am aware of it, expect a phone call soon, real soon.  If you are in a city or anywhere along the route in gray shoot me a line so we can meet up.  I'll be driving until I reach Wisconsin, where I'll ditch my car to fly to New York and Europe.  However, until I reach my homeland I will be extremely mobile, so if anyone has any great recommendations that are a bit off the road I can Robert Frost it and veer from my route.

I feel that I have sufficiently defined the parameters and limitations of the trip.  I hope to see many of you soon.

Next up:  The Houston Breakdown.







2 comments:

  1. Where we're going we don't need roads.... Good luck, have fun and be safe. Hit me up when you're in the 608.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels and have fun sir! Let me know if you ever plan on swinging by Oz!

    ReplyDelete